YOUR INFORMATION WILL ONLY BE COLLECTED DIRECTLY FROM THE INDIVIDUAL THAT IT IS ABOUT AND ONLY IN LAWFUL, FAIR AND REASONABLY UNINTRUSIVE WAYS.
iCare Property will take reasonable steps to ensure that when collecting personal information the individuals are aware of:
- The identity of iCare Property.
- The purpose of collecting the information.
- The individual’s right to access the information.
- The types of organisations to which iCare Property discloses the information.
- Any law requiring the information to be collected.
- The consequences for the individual of failing to provide the information.
- iCare Property will, where practicable, collect personal information directly from individuals and whenever possible, make sure individuals know when you collect information about them from a third party. iCare Property will take reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of the matters detailed above.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
iCare Property will not use or disclose personal information about an individual other than for its original (primary) purpose. The use or disclosure of the information for another purpose (secondary purpose) is not permitted unless the person has consented to its use or disclosure for that other purpose.
iCare Property will take reasonable care to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
iCare Property will take reasonable steps to protect any personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. If the information is no longer needed, it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
iCare Property has documented its policies on the use and management of personal information held. These policies are available on request.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
iCare Property give individuals access to their personal information and will correct it if it is wrong and it is reasonable to do so. If access to information is refused, iCare Property will provide reasons for such refusal.
iCare Property will not use a government identifier as its own identifier.
Where it is lawful and practical, iCare Property will give individuals the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions with it.
As a general rule, iCare Property will not collect sensitive information. However, where sensitive information is to be collected, it will only be collected, used and disclosed with the individual's consent or in accordance with the requirements under the NPP's.